Gymnastics Health Form & Code of Conduct
Please complete the following prior to your child joining our gymnastics sessions.
Please see below for our code of conduct for all gymnastics pupils & parents:
By booking in for the term or having casual classes you agree to the following Code of Conduct for Roefield Gymnastics:-
Roefield Leisure Gymnastics Code Of Conduct For Parent’s / Guardian’s
- Always ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for Gymnastics. All long hair must be tied back. If ears have recently been pierced gymnasts must be prepared to put plasters on them.
- You acknowledge that gymnastics is a dangerous sport with risks therefore if your child is ill or injured please inform us that they are unable to attend their class. Please note refunds will not be given for general illness.
- Gymnasts MUST NOT use any equipment unless accompanied by an appropriate coach. We ask that all parents and gymnasts respect our club, and that any rubbish is placed in the bins. Please report any issues to a coach.
- Parents are to vacate the hall during training sessions, unless Pre-School, and not return untill 5 minutes before the end of the session to collect your child.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport. Never force your child to take part in sport if they do not want to.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and ensure they are followed.
- Use the correct and proper language at all times. Any aggressive or threatening language or behaviour will result in parents/guardians being asked to leave.
- Always collect your child promptly at the end of a session. Always collect from inside the gym, DO NOT wait outside in the car park. Please do not allow children to run freely in the car park, they should be properly supervised at all times.
- It is the Parents responsibility for the safety of their child once they are handed back following their gymnastics class.
- Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club. If you have any concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a child protection / child welfare concern please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Cowgill on 01200 442188.
In return, our coaches and volunteers will
- Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers based on mutual trust and respect.
- All coaches will hold the appropriate valid qualifications and work within their coaching and training to deliver any session.
- Make sure that all activities are appropriate to age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure that all participants are suitably prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, dressing suitably, removing jewellery and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved with club activities.
- Obtain prior agreement from the parent/guardian of performers before taking pictures or videos of them.
- Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless you have the approval of the person concerned.
- Oversee the arrival of gymnasts and be ready to start on time.